Through our member of the International Advisory Team, David Shenk, PRN is able to offer access to the online course.
Approaches to Islam: theological and practical is a video course taught by David W. Shenk, doctor of religious studies
education and anthropology, produced by Trinity Video Seminary. The course covers twenty topics designed to help followers of Jesus understand the message of Islam, and faithfully commend the gospel
of reconciliation as they engage with Muslims.
This university level course may be used for academic credit (independent study) or for personal learning. Students seeking academic credit must negotiate it with their respective
universities; the course syllabus (below) outlines the various requirements each student's professor would oversee and/or create, including optional graduate credit requirements. For independent
study, professors and students must adapt various elements, such as class attendance and small group discussions, according to students' circumstances.
The two required course texts are David W. Shenk's Journeys of the Muslim Nation and the Christian Church and Shenk and Badru Kateregga's A Muslim and a
Christian in Dialogue.
To enable believers in Jesus Christ to understand the message of Islam and to be equipped to faithfully commend the gospel of reconciliation in their engagement with
- Students will understand the beliefs and practices of Muslims.
- Students will embrace the good news of the gospel of reconciliation.
- Students will be equipped to commend Christ.
- Students will deepen their commitment and develop approaches to peacemaking relations between Christians and
- Students will be prepared for informed theological discourse and dialogue with Muslims.
Information taken from course webpage